Haslingden High School and Sixth Form is proud to be the East Lancashire Apple Regional Training Centre (RTC).
From January 2015 we will be offering a range of free courses and workshops for local teachers and colleagues working in the education sector. These will focus on enhancing and transforming teaching and learning using Apple technologies, including iPad and iMac.
We have established has a highly successful 1:1 iPad scheme for students in Years 7 to 10 and all teaching staff and many support staff have their own iPad.
East Lancashire RTC: Courses for 2016
Bookings for the 2016 courses are now available. You can now book places on the following free courses run by experienced staff at Haslingden High School and Sixth Form.
Further details can be found on the PDF document found here RTC 2016
Please email Paul Ridgway (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book onto a course.
All courses will take place at school (BB4 4EY) with refreshments & course materials provided.
We look forward to welcoming you.
- Immediate Assessement with the iPad – 10th March, 16:00 – 17:00
- Challenge Based Learning – 24th March 2015, 16:00 – 17:00
- Workflow, Introduction to iTunes U and Showbie – 6th April 2016, 16:00 – 17:00
- Introduction to Coding and Drones – 4th May 2016, 16:00 – 17:00
- Science and iPad – 25th May 2016, 16:00 – 17:00
- Literacy and the iPad – TBA
- Implementing an iPad Scheme – TBA
- Managing a 1:1 iPad Scheme – TBA
- Assistive Technology (SEN & iPad) – TBA
- E-Safety Evening – September 2016, 18:00 – 19:30
- Schools Direct Training (3 sessions minimum) – Oct 16 through to Feb 2017